Wednesday 8 April 2009

Leftovers for lunch (again!)

As you'll have guessed by now I'm very keen to avoid food waste and to use up leftovers. As a result I tend to have a variety of things for lunch, which is no bad thing and certainly beats the repeative limp ham sandwich.

Yesterday my girls and I did the supermarket shop just before lunchtime and we couldn't resist picking up a French stick. Once home (and the frozen food put away) I sliced the bread, buttered it and served it up with soup and a few slices of mature cheese. Yummy!

As a result of this I had a good length of stale French bread leftover today. Great! French bread pizza for lunch, using up some of the pizza base tomato sauce that I had lurking in the fridge too.

French Bread Pizza

A piece of French bread
Tomato pizza base sauce, or pasta sauce.
Ham
Cheese

Slice the French bread in half and if necessary trim a bit off the top to make sit level. Toast the bread under the grill then spread the tomato sauce over it. Scatter over pieces of ham and grated cheese. Grill until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment